Electric Double Oven Supply

Have just bought one - it will be delivered next week. Does anyone know if they come with a "30Amp cable" already attached for connection straight in to cooker outlet point or do you have to fit a length of cable yourself? Having had a look at cooker outlook point it is fed with 4sqmm cable. The cooker need a 30Amp supply (the 4sqmm terminates in CU with 32Amp breaker) - if there is no cable with cooker can I use 2.5t&e from cooker outlet point to cooker - It looks like it will not be easy to use 4sqmm ie putting another 4sqmm cable in to the same connection point where the 4sqmm supply terminates.

(PS As an aside is 4sqmm on its way out? - I couldn't see it in Screwfix - if you had to use 6sqmm as in my case, I doubt if the cooker connection point would take two of them)

(PPS the oven has gas burners - I have an existing gas cooker via a bayonet type fitting. British Gas wanted 66 pounds to disconnect the old oven and 66 pounds to connect the new - bargain !!)

Reply to
Peter Ramm

Tail is not furnished with the appliance. Add about 1.75 metre (5.5ft) tail of 6-10mm2 twin & earth cable from rear of cooker to wall box outlet, assuming there will be about 2" (51mm) clearance between its rear and the back wall. If too restricted, you would reposition outlet so it is "out of field". This tail allows for easy commissioning and full extraction in situ maintenance. Good Earthing is essential. If appropriate, the wall box should handle first a fixed cable and later a tail of same 4mm2 size. Make sure the shelf that double-oven sits on is vented with a few 30mm dia holes, and that there is about 100mm gap between its top and underside of upper cupboard. Gas bayonet fixing is for easy connect/disconnect. Assume you'ld do it yourself! Jim

Reply to
Jim Gregory