Contacting Openreach re damage caused during works

This has come up on a forum I'm on (non dIY related). OT I guess, but it's the sort of thing someone round here tends to know about

Short version. Telephone poles and cables being replaced, by what sounds like was a contractor for BT Openreach. When a pole was being removed it bashed into and damaged their wall.

now I've suggested trying to find out the contractors details if they are still in the area and raising it with them first. But it seems they ought to contact Openreach as well (or they might have to).

Does anyone know if they contact BT Retail (they are BT phone customers, but given the separation of the businesses that shouldn't be relevant)) will they likely get some sense out of someone and be able to speak to someone relevant who can deal with a complaint? I can't find any reference to phone numbers (or anything else useful) for such things on the Openreach site

Thanks

Reply to
chris French

The new/replacement pole should have a notice pinned to it with details of who to contact in case of complaint. If that particular one doesn't have a look at other new/replacement ones in the area.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The contractor will vary depending where in the UK you live.

In Kent it's McNicholas (Now Skanska).

Try starting here

RW

In article , chris French writes