Contact number for a buisness to remove a BY Cable Junction box in London

Hi we have a property in London were there is a BY Cable Junction box positioned near our building. We need a contact or person to write to, to apply for moving this box due to the building being demolished and it being in the way of new access route.

Any ideas/suggestions on who I should be contacting? BT or another service?

Many Thanks for your help!

Eleanor

Reply to
Eleanor

Either ring 150 or stop an Openreach engineer in the street.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I presume you mean a BT junction box not a BY one

Are you referring to a BT green cabinet by any chance?

If it is a BT one then the answer to you question is pretty obvious

I would be interested to know what they quote you for doing this

This article may be of some assistance and suggests £50,000 as the cost

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Was BY a typo? I thought the OP meant BY = Blueyonder as was.

If so then it is Virgin Media who (probably) now own it. The OP could try their call centre (0845 454 1111) but if it's one of their big green boxes I suggest National Plant Enquiries Team Virgin Media Communications House Scimitar Park Courtauld Road Basildon Essex SS13 1ND

snipped-for-privacy@virginmedia.co.uk

If it's not one of the big green boxes but just an ordinary small box for the co-ax from an outlet in the street then most people around here just remove them and cut the coax neatly back to the outlet in the pavement.

Reply to
Robin

If it's BY rather than BT then virgin on 150 on a virgin phone or just demolish it. They'd probably not notice! What was BY is now NTL but branded virgin.

Reply to
<me9