Consumer unit replacement

Hi, Chap (Meter plus)? came round to replace electric consumer. No probs but he did suggest I get "new set of tabs" failing that any power consumption in excess of 40amps could cause problem.

No idea what he was talking about but did ring electrician he suggested (he left his ID next to meter)

So question is am I getting genuine advice and if so what sort of expense might i expect if tabs are replaced.

Any advise welcome

cheers

Reply to
Duncan MacCallum

Who are Meter Plus .??? Are you saying they replaced your consumer unit .?? ...Did you ask them to ..I'm confused ...

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Think they be part of what was once North East Electricty Board. replacement was free and part of there programne to upgrade units. Sorry for confusion

Cheers

Reply to
Duncan MacCallum

Could that have been the meter? The CU is the thing with fuses etc...

Could that have been tails?

Very difficult given the information. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
[snip}

Sorry Dave knowledge limited, might know liitle more about RiscOS :)

Cheers

Reply to
Duncan MacCallum

So was it the meter or the CU that they replaced .It's still not clear . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

In that case - best free BBC Micro / Archimedes emulator ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Sounds a bit like my experience a few months ago - we had our meter changed compulsorily under a planned replacement programme (we had a dial job replaced by a dinky little digital thing with a winking red light); and the guy tut-tutted at our prehistoric main fuse which is 60A IIRC, and said it needed to be changed for a 100A one.

Mmm.

Reply to
Lobster