congratulations

What a knowledge base, I could read you lot 24/7

Reply to
robert john

And not do any actual DIY?

Sometimes I wonder how the usual respondants have the time to type stuff inbetween holding the hammer and the nail!

Reply to
Adrian C

OK...so the next project is head-up display on the eye protection shield, voice input, wi-fi and a stub antenna on the safety helmet....!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Mary the wi-fie

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Why bother, in eighteen months time you'll be able to buy a PPPPooo DIYers Internet Machine Personal Protective Kit for a tenner incorporatign all the above facilities plus a spirit level and FM radio.

In fact IMM's been using a prototype for months.

Correction, he's been trying to use two prototypes simultaneously.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I still remember, many years ago, my dad (sales rep for Tricity) coming home with the brochures for an electric cooker with built in radio and telescopic antenna (we got a free one shortly afterwards). Called the "Melodie", AFAIR.

Still can't quite believe it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

see

Lobster

Multi tasking. An essential tool for anyone doing DIY.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks.

Clear as mud ... but I don'tthink I either need or want to know :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In a word: wire-less-networking

If you want to read and reply to news while building an extension, you don't want to be trailing an ethernet cable behind you...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ah,I see!

Why wasn't that said before? Why all that cleverclevertechie stuff?

Right. Thanks. :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

wi-fi is less to type...or would have been..

Reply to
Bob Eager

Rules out most of us blokes then ;-((

Reply to
John Rumm

I hear John Prescott wants to close down as being contrary to his beloved Part P! Lets hope he loses his Deputy Dawg slot in a few weeks.

Reply to
Gel

close this newsgroup down?

Reply to
AnthB

nearly as essential as the industrial-rated hair-splitting tool for anyone participating in uk.d-i-y!!!

Reply to
RichardS

hahahhaha

RT

Reply to
[news]

LOL!

It's nice to have a funtion in life - keeping you all busy and your fingers exercised :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher