confusing info on the net ....

If I buy a cat S car fill in a v62 arrange insurance over the phone can I then immediately go to a post office with the v62 and tax the car to allow me to drive home ? ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim GM4DHJ ... expressed precisely :

I fancy a cat S would need to pass an inspection, before it was allowed on the road. S = suffered severe structural damage.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

CAT S does involve structural damage, but that can be as minor as the bolt-on reinforcement behind the cosmetic bumpers being bent.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker