Confused about switching for a electric shower extractor fan.

That is the remarkably primitive but transparent solution that I use. Seeing the fan has an overrun timer there is a neon on the ceiling switch for disambiguation.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Don't the regs also specify switch in the power feed to the shower unit? Normally pull cord jobbie. You can pick up a switched (and permenant live for any run on) in that switch. Both of these would need to go through individual FCU's to protect the fan wiring and a fan switch to ensure proper isloation when working on the fan.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I can also turn my lights on separately when I need to with the "other switch".

I have decided after much thought, to call the "other switch" the light switch.

Reply to
ARW

I have two! I call them the switch for the main lights and the switch for the recess lights. Why, I leave as an exercise for the reader. They are quite near each other, but it is far from the end of the world if one operates the wrong one(s).

Reply to
Roger Hayter