Completely OT- Legal tender

Noy if they don't mind me backing a digger into it, no..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I assume you have checked all the normal issues that might make it invalid? In particular there has been hundreds of thousnads issued in the last few years that the courts have ruled to be illegal (date of issue).

Have a read of the pacrking tickets forum here

you havn't already.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

The person you're going to make count it all - was it their fault you got a ticket?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

The poor sod who will have to count it all has not done you any harm; he didn't make the rules or probably have anything to do with the decisions. Why make his life a misery? This is little better than punching a random stranger on the nose because you are feel cross.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Laws

Oh the irony.

Reply to
John Rumm

I sympathise. After several PCNs and a lot of faffing around buying scratch'n'sniff 1-day tickets I bit the bullet and bought a £100+lot-of-bureaucracy tradesma^H^Hperson's parking permit. So when I got PCNed with my permit displayed I got somewhat pissed off! Letters to the parking dept were as much use as pissing into the wind, but you have a right to appeal to an independent adjudicator which I did, and I elected to have the hearing in person (since I was fed up with writing letters). In my case the parking dept sent 2 of their more senior droids to the hearing which caused more effort from the sort of people who were responsible for the dept's overzealousness than the minions further down the food chain who'd have had to count my pennies if I'd done what you're proposing. I still lost mind you, and had to pay the regular whack rather than the half-price-special-offer :-(

And even if I'd won I'd still have been paying for the dept's staff's time through my council tax, but it was the principle ...

But if you do do the coin trick do make sure to throw in a few similar-looking foreign coins so they have to fish them out ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

You might irritate the staff: if it's like our parking shop, the people who will be really miffed are those in the queue behind you who just want to renew their parking permits. I speak from experience ....

Reply to
Tony Bryer

he didn't make the rules or probably have anything to do with the decisions. Why make his life a misery?

S/he might enjoy the change from routine though, that would thwart the poster's intentions :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Dave, suggest you call up the local press and tell them the story and explain that you will pay the fine magically. Then go to the office with a journalist present and produce bank notes and coins etc from various impossible locations. Bit of publicity for both your businesses. But I would suggest you should pay in full, you will look good, the council looks bad.

Tim

Reply to
deckertim

Silly tart, I didn't state this had happened its a scenario.

Anyone would be quick enough to phone the local council about someone illegally parked outside their own parking space ie their front driveway.

I live not far from a football ground and when fans come from outside the area they think they have the right to park their car anywhere they like ie outside residents houses making it impossible for them residents to find a parking space themselves. These fans know full well there is ample official car parking areas dotted around the ground at £3 and £5 charge. But no they would rather not pay that amount and illegally park their car and get uptight when a £25/30 fine is slapped on the window screen.

Reply to
George

Do always have a digger at hand?

Reply to
George

Hear hear.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Now that *is* a good idea.

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Jan 16, 9:12 pm, "The Medway Handyman" <

They probably deal with tons of change from parking meters, none of which they count manually.

They'll tip it in the counting machine, hand you a receipt , say 'Thank you" and stifle a yawn.

Many wardens are liars and the wardens who are the most devious and persistent work dodgers get promoted to supervisory positions. I sympathise.

Reply to
Aidan

I would count it, tell you you are short and ask if you want to check it.

Reply to
dennis

Unless its a designated residents bay they *do* have the right to park outside your house. Or at least they have the same rights as you do. Generally you do not own the road outside your house or have any special rights.

Reply to
dennis

Is it taxed and insured to go on the road?

Reply to
dennis

I suppose you think speed cameras are there to raise revenue too.

Reply to
dennis

Short of going out and reading the sign on the post at the top of the road I do know it says...residents parking permit only,Dennis.

Reply to
George