compact disc demagnetiser

Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement thier analogue USB lead for better audio performance.
But please check out the review :-D No I didn't write it, but I wish I had.
https://highend-electronics.com/products/acoustic-revive-rd-3-disc-demagnetizer#shopify-product-reviews
On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 16:10:42 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

I'm a bit concerned about the flammability of beeswax fuses.
Owain
On 09/10/2019 16:10, whisky-dave wrote:

Much cheaper to put the cd in a microwave and switch it in for 60 seconds.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Very pretty but you soon need a new microwave. What would be good is a device that can mend those early cds that lost their integrity and the ally layer started to oxidize making them unplayable. Brian
--
----- --
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 08:10:39 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave

Blimey, sold out already! They must be really good.

It says Comments from our customers . . . You're the first! Write my review now.
Did you save it, please post it for our amusement.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On 09/10/2019 17:04, Graham. wrote:

The Wayback Machine has some reviews still linked
https://web.archive.org/web/20161231003744/https://highend-electronics.com/products/acoustic-revive-rd-3-disc-demagnetizer
e.g.
http://www.soundwaves-turntables.com/img/AcousticReviveRD3-Rio5.pdf
--
Adrian C

From the soundwaves review: "The RD-3 is priced at only $399 while the RIO-5 II slightly more at only $599. When you think of it $998 is not a steep price tag to pay for something that could possible transform your entire CD and DVD collection into something well beyond what it is currently today." and "It is well known that if you demagnetize a disc or even a vinyl record the sound will improve dramatically."
What planet are these bozos from? Do they seriously expect us to believe it? I wonder if they would have the courage to do a double-blind trial to see if there is any significant difference in audience preference for the untreated and treated discs. I don't doubt that the aluminium in the disc can get magnetised, but I can't see any way that it can have a detectable effect on the 0 and 1 bits that the player reads. I'm prepared to be proved wrong - if there is proved to be a statistically-significant improvement. And how the F can vinyl become magnetised? If somehow it can, I can at least see a mechanism for it have an effect on the analogue signal from the pickup, but I can't see it having effect on a digital sensor.
But if there are enough idiots in the world who will believe this trash and part with their money for it, then good luck to the vendors for fleecing the punters...
On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 17:04:55 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:

of course.

----------- Yoric Hunt on Oct 09, 2019
Wife was very happy!
I don't have a need to demagnetize any optical disks because I no longer live in the 90s. However, my wife had been complaining about chaffing recently, so I thought this would be the perfect solution.
I popped my man sausage into the device, exercising the necessary caution, and low and behold, once de-magnetized, it now slips in easier than Jeremy Corbyn at a c*nts convention.
----------

whisky-dave expressed precisely :

Out of stock - I wanted one of those to go with my magnetic insoles and magnetic wrist bands..
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 17:11:45 +0100, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I expect Russ Andrews stocks them...
--

Chris

This is total bunkem, but of course you knew this already. The day cDs are based on a ferrous metal is the day they become something else I think my internet router needs a demagnetizer... Brian
--
----- --
After serious thinking Brian Gaff wrote :

No joke, it will double your Internet speed, due to the cleaner bits coming down the line..
On 09/10/2019 17:49, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

its even faster if you connect the line to a battery as all ones are quicker than 1 and 0.
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

And if you cut it in half, it's full of AAA batteries
On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 17:49:24 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

I'm sure we all need cleaner bits ;-)