Toyota Aygo boot leak

Driving me mad - I am thinking it is water getting behind the boot lid seal. The seal presses over the rim of the boot lid opening.
I am thinking of pulling off the seal and putting a bead of silicone into the gripping U section of the seal and pressing it back on.
Any thoughts?
John wrote:

Had this with a Nissan. There could be a very small weld/joint in the boot that is letting in water. Difficult to see. A spot of silicone on the weld/joint sorted it out.
On 09/10/2019 17:46, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

+1 SWMBO's Hyundai had a persistent leak which I (eventually!!) fixed by rubbing sealant into a small seam above the hatchback door
On 09/10/2019 17:22, John wrote:

Such things can be bastards to find. It might be a leak path from somewhere completely different. In the old days garages sometimes put an ultrasonic source inside the car and wandered around the outside with a detector. Interesting to see there are relatively cheap ones around now. (Sorry for crap links, just google direct).
https://uk.banggood.com/ALL-SUN-EM282-Ultrasonic-Leak-Detector-40KHz-Transmitter-Reliable-Detection-Gas-Liquid-Leakage-Monitor-LED-Indicator-p-1490676.html?gmcCountry=GB&currency=GBP&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgcs&utm_content=garman&utm_campaign=pla-gbg-tools-pc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwivbsBRDsARIsADyISJ8nZhq80blPkuvB7erAKfKsw5YQGqnMK3g8BOW12FzwEQ2BELg3YpIaAqluEALw_wcB&cur_warehouse=CN
(Amazon.com product link shortened)0&hvadid10879398178&hvpos=1o7&hvnetw=g&hvrand156481763127646357&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-752806096487&psc=1
I recall seeing this many years ago when I was a car saleman at a VW dealership.
I think I know where it is now - it is water passing into a channel in the seal section - and running round and then into the car.
On 09/10/2019 17:22, John wrote:

Can also be the lamp clusters.

Yes - the gasket at the back - I have sorted that. Water is coming in above the rear light housing,
On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 20:23:40 UTC+1, John wrote:

Or the rear windscreen seal.

The rear window is the lid!
On 09/10/2019 17:22, John wrote:

One thing worth remembering is that not all parts of a car are meant to be watertight. I had a 'leak' on an Audi A3 that was actually an intended drain, but the rubber drain grommet was blocked- the rear quarter had several inches of water in it that overflowed into the spare wheel well- removing the grommet and cleaning it stopped it.