Combi boilers - latest models?

I eat my oily fish religiously, thanks.

Is that really the best that you can do?

So basically the conclusion is that:

- domestic supply is not specified to run a 76kW boiler and an upgrade would be needed unless

- you are a bodger

- in which case it might work.

- there is a red herring (is this your oily fish?) about an imagined difference between the public and private sector eras which of course is nonsense. Did you work for the gas board and get fired?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not enough that is clear.

Do you want me to buy it for you?

It will work OK.

If I did I would hate them, yet it is clear things were better with them, than the rip-off merchants.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I've got a Glow-worm 24Cxi combi - runs excellently but whoever designed it was not a service engineer. With a little rearrangement of components and the use of a couple of wing nuts you could remove the condensate trap for cleaning without any tools. Instead it's a fight to get it out: first remove the ignition then try and unscrew a screw that's been placed so as to be impossible to undo save with a screwdriver bit and 1/4" OE spanner. Do. (but not quite as bad) the ignition electrode screws on the Keston Celsius - in the factory they obviously go in before the flue hose. Which makes getting them out harder than it should be.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Thanks very much but my HDL levels are quite satisfactory.

No because you might buy it from LIDL and then rather than being in olive oil, it's probably in Duckhams 20/50.

Fine, so now you are back to your original assertion that it is OK to use the meter and supply beyond official spec. and this is OK to do?

Just so long as we know.

I guess you mean the government here. That's the only organisation that I can think of that rips me off.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, they are not.

Matt, good value for money that will do you good.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel