Collectors

And with a bit of background as to the whys and wherefores of each nail a useful resource when the shit hits the fan and we have to go back to the "old fashioned" methods of joining things together.

Many think a nail is a nail but there is a fair bit of embedded knowledge in the various forms of nail and what they should be used for.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

:-)

Chimney pots can make useful garden planters. In consequence they can be

*kin expensive at architectural recycling yards.
Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Thank heavens for a single minded zealot.

We are currently tidying a house for an elderly relative..... Glass animals, window sill Cacti, dead batteries, periodicals, shoes, handbags, paperback novels, CDs, ceramic wall plates, 10 years worth of home made jam, salted runner beans, multiple crammed freezers and clothes....

Reply to
Tim Lamb

We had to clear my M-I-L's house earlier this year, so I sympathise.

Reply to
Huge

When they did my dads place it seemed as if he came back overnight and put most of it back according to these doing it! 8 12 yard skips IIRC or even more;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

+1 it's amazing how much "stuff" people accumulate.

I really don't want to leave the vast amounts of "stuff" that my parents left us kids to deal with, and that was after a *massive* clearout of the family home when we moved my father to a much smaller place a couple of years after my mother died.

It's damn hard to chuck stuff that "might be useful one day" though!

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes. Unfortunately each item also comes with memories so you are unable to stuff it quickly in the bin bag.

My current annoyance is the pile of unsolicited mail still in plastic wrapping or in window envelopes. I got ticked off by the *recycling operative* for putting a calendar in the waste. He wasn't impressed by the *metal ring binder* excuse.

Reply to
Tim Lamb