Cold and Painting

Is there a cold temperature limit to painting (oil Based). It is resantly -4C here and perfectly dry and I am about to start painting outside, will the paint cure properly?

Reply to
Stuart

There shouldn't be a problem if there is no moisture on the work. If there is the slightest amount frozen in, your paint will come off in a few months if not sooner. Why on earth are you in such an hurry?

Reply to
Michael McNeil

On 28/02/2004 Stuart opined:-

Certainly not a good idea....

I assume the items you intend painting are wood, which will likely be at their highest moisture level at this time of year as well as. I usually leave outdoor painting to the cooler but dry days of the late summer.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I was painting guttering!.......ran a blow tourch over just before painting to eliminate any dampness, especially arond joints!

It has to be finnished by Tuesday!

Reply to
Stuart