Cheap 'prop' ?

Hi all,

I wondered if I could get a couple of vfm 'props' (like the Acro prop type) for general celing support etc.

I have seen the ones on Machine Mart

wondered if there was a way to get a couple cheaper than +AKM-33.84 each? (the 3m long ones .. the first size is too short)

I also know you could hire them (+AKM-3/week) but you never know how long a job will take and when you will want one (or two)?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Look in your local freeads paper 'items for sale' for Acrow props - they seem to pop up in ours irregularly at about £10 each

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You can use old floor joists cut to size and with double or folding wedges. Use a section to spread the weight of the celing and another to spread the weight on the floor and to give you something to nail it all into one lump with. Don't hammer the nail heads home, just bend them over.

Props musn't slant unless shoreing to a wall or corner of the room.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

I got type 2 Acros for £25 each new from our local hire place - they had a good deal with the suppliers as they bought so much.

Reply to
G&M

[T] Seems like a good price.

I'll have to have a mooch around ;-)

Luckily a mate has since lent me the one (he was lent) we used when we fitted the bay and 8 new uPVC windows so I'm ok for the mo.

Still a handy thing to have in yer toolbox though!

All the best ..

T i m

All the best ..

T i m