Strongboys and Acrow props - suppliers?

I need a couple each of the above: can anyone recommend a reasonable supplier? and what I should expect to pay (for Acrows 1.8m closed). Decided I may as well buy rather than hire again...

The only local place I can find would be TP - and they're the last place I ever go for anything...

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

The3rd Earl Of Derby

them for £27.99 + VAT

There are also a number on eBay

Reply to
Tony Bryer

37.39GBP with the VAT.

so it'll give you a guide to work to,although MM is always dearer than most outlets.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I find in most cases wood can be used instead, its way cheaper. Its annoying if it cant :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

========================== Machine Mart sell both:

?p=050110070&r=2091&g=112The best source for secondhand props is your evening local paper or free paper.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

========================== Machine Mart sell both:

?p=050110070&r=2091&g=112The best source for secondhand props is your evening local paper or free paper.

Cic.

---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Get the free SPAMfighter here:

Cicero

TBH mate, they're not worth buying, given that they are only around £1.50 a week to hire and the acrows are prone to rusting which causes seizing.

Last I heard they were around £40 each inc vat and delivery, and you'll need at least 2, this is £80 without the strongboys...you could hire 2 acrows for

6 months for that or to put it another way, unless you use them for more than 3 months out of every year, you won't even break even until 2009.
Reply to
Phil L

Ask your local (independant) hire shop, they might have old ones they want to sell. So cheap to hire I can't see the logic in buying?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yeah I think you and Phil are right. It was as much about the convenience of having them available when required rather than having to trog off to the hire shop again; but TBH having looked at the Micromart site they are more expensive than I'd been led to believe by someone yesterday IRL (although personally I'm not surprised).

David

Reply to
Lobster

1=2E50 a week? Really? I bought a load off ebay for about a fiver each. ...and they've been in my garage for about a year :-)
Reply to
adder1969