Strongboys and Acrow props - suppliers?

I need a couple each of the above: can anyone recommend a reasonable supplier? and what I should expect to pay (for Acrows 1.8m closed). Decided I may as well buy rather than hire again...
The only local place I can find would be TP - and they're the last place I ever go for anything...
Thanks David
Lobster wrote:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/acro-props_W0QQfkrZ1QQfltZ9QQfromZR8
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:43:13 GMT Lobster wrote :

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/rangeguides.asp?t 6&g2&r 91
has them for 27.99 + VAT
There are also a number on eBay

Tony Bryer wrote:

37.39GBP with the VAT.
so it'll give you a guide to work to,although MM is always dearer than most outlets.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Lobster wrote:

I find in most cases wood can be used instead, its way cheaper. Its annoying if it cant :)
NT

=========================Machine Mart sell both:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/rangeguides.asp?t 6&g2&r 91
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p 0110070&r 91&g2
The best source for secondhand props is your evening local paper or free paper.
Cic.

=========================Machine Mart sell both:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/rangeguides.asp?t 6&g2&r 91
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p 0110070&r 91&g2
The best source for secondhand props is your evening local paper or free paper.
Cic.
---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len
Lobster wrote:

TBH mate, they're not worth buying, given that they are only around 1.50 a week to hire and the acrows are prone to rusting which causes seizing.
Last I heard they were around 40 each inc vat and delivery, and you'll need at least 2, this is 80 without the strongboys...you could hire 2 acrows for 6 months for that or to put it another way, unless you use them for more than 3 months out of every year, you won't even break even until 2009.
Phil L wrote:

1.50 a week? Really? I bought a load off ebay for about a fiver each. ...and they've been in my garage for about a year :-)
Lobster wrote:

Ask your local (independant) hire shop, they might have old ones they want to sell. So cheap to hire I can't see the logic in buying?
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Yeah I think you and Phil are right. It was as much about the convenience of having them available when required rather than having to trog off to the hire shop again; but TBH having looked at the Micromart site they are more expensive than I'd been led to believe by someone yesterday IRL (although personally I'm not surprised).
David