Paint won't dry - still sticky

I primed some unpainted door casing and brick mold a couple of days ago with Kilz Premium and the paint is still sticky. It was raining while I was painting outside on the carport. I left the strips outside in the sun yesterday afternoon, but it's still sticky. Is there anything that will get it to dry or am I going to have to start over? Thanks...

Reply to
al

i think id wait,maybe set it in the sun if possible.

ds549

Time and lower humidity unless there was something on the surface???

Reply to
dpb

A) There is something wrong with your primer. Test it on a clean piece of new wood. B) There is something awry with your painted parts. Toss them if if A) turns out OK. Odds are the primer is a latex that is way over the hill or contaminated. Try an oil base...they're less prone to problems. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

That's the answer you'll get from paint stores - high humidity greatly extends dry time. Especially true for rust preventive paints. I've had them take up to 2 weeks to thoroughly dry in high humidity.

KC

Reply to
KC

The primer was latex and it was what was left of a can that had been sitting around for almost a year. I debated getting a new can, but to speed things up, ended up using this. Thanks...

Reply to
al

Is this a reading comprehension problem?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Had it ever frozen?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Did you Mix the paint? I gave someone some good quick drying primer they didnt mix it and it didnt dry after 3 days either

Reply to
Mike

replying to al, Lala wrote: I just had the same Thing happen to me. What did you end up doing?

Reply to
Lala

He has had 11 years, I hope the paint is dry by now......

Reply to
hrhofmann