Close coupled WC Allignment

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Archie" saying something like:

It most certainly doesn't. What it does show is the fitter was a lazy bastard who couldn't be bothered taking it apart and re-assembling it again.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Come on the suspense is killing me, wad he say, wad he say??

John

Reply to
John

Same guy came back. He said that they were all like that now and other customers didn't mind their cisterns hang off the wall like that(or words to that effect). He didn't do anything but went away saying they would contact the manufacturer and be back in touch next week. Meanwhile, one of the seat bolt is loose and the only way into it is to pull the WC out from the wall.

Archie

Reply to
Archie

Why don't *you* contact the manufacturer, othrewise he'll just spin another line about what they tell him.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I would be looking to see if the plumber claims to belong to a professional / trade association and be getting ready to contact them. He is clearly incompetent and doesn't appreciate what is expected.

With (domestic) Plumbers I believe there are many different types -

"Pipe fitters" - I wouldn't let them loose on fitting a bathroom.

"Bathroom Installers" - should be capable of recommending and fitting all the fixtures and doing tiling jobs.

"Central Heating Engineers" - as it implies. Capable of calculating radiator sizes and boiler ratings, etc as well as installing it all to CORGI regs.

I feel the whole spectrum is just too broad and speialist for one person to have the aptitude for all of it.

Any views?

Reply to
John

The company's main business is installing bathrooms so they should know what they are doing. A replacement WC has been promised next week so we will see how that goes.

Archie

Reply to
Archie

I can do them all so others should also be able to.

Finding one that can may be difficult than finding one that claims they can.

Reply to
dennis

Well done - I am sure there are a few others - but the aptitude for pipe strangling is very different to diagnosing a fault with a combi boiler.

Reply to
John