Cloak room removal

We want to remove the cloak roam and release the space for a larger hallway. Cloak room and shower room are now located in the rear extension. The plastic waste pipes from toilet and basin exit into the concrete floor. The cloak room is at the front of the house, kitchen and bathrooms are at the back. The questions I have are:-

Can I simply "cap" the plastic pipes ?

I would like to tile the floor, covering over the capped pipes. Is this viable ? I don't think I will need to access the pipes again.

Regards

Reply to
Paul

The only consideration might be one of house saleability if losing the cloakroom leaves you with only one bog in the house. But if you intend to stay a while, getting the space you need is possibly more important.

I don't see a problem here provided the capping off is truly sealed. if you did ever have a blockage elswhere you would not want foul water seeping under your tiles.

Most of the capping fittings I have seen either fit into a spigot or have a spigot themselves. so you will need to chip away at the concrete round each pipe to fit the capping below floor level. You might want to consider using large format tiles on the new floor as tiles may not stick too well over the capped areas and small format ones might lift in time.

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Can't really see a problem with this. It may be better to disconnect and cap the pipes a bit further downstream if you know where they go.

A bigger problem may be knocking 2 rooms into 1 - if the adjoining wall is load-bearing. You need to bottom this out before proceeding.

Reply to
Set Square