Cleaning toilet

Well after having a clean out of the downstairs toilet which was just used for storage of junk we now have a downstairs toilet woohoo I hear you say. Just wanted to know whats the best to to get the toilet bowl sparkly white inside which has some kind of residue deposits on it looking like lime scale ?
Tried scrubbing it, bleans, flash bathroom spray nothings budging it ?
Any ideas ?
Thanks

bleans?
Start with a liberal dose of limescale removing toilet cleaner from any supermarket and leave overnight. Flush a few times and then give it a good wipe round.
MBQ

bleans? Bleach
Start with a liberal dose of limescale removing toilet cleaner from any supermarket and leave overnight. Flush a few times and then give it a good wipe round.
MBQ
I'll give it a go thanks

Try Harpic Limescale.
Even cheaper, but smellier is white vinigar. Also cover with sheets of loo paper so that the scale stay soaked in vingar overnight.
Ian_m wrote:

Or just block it up with a bunch of plastic bags and fill it to the brim. That way it gets under the rim too

Coke, even cheap generic cola works...
--
AnneJ

Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion
contains these words:

Do you drink it first?
Mary

words:

There is no way I'd drink the filthy stuff!
--
AnneJ

Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion
contains these words:

:-)
I just wondered how it was applied!
I drank it when I was 16 and knew no better ...
Mary

That's long since gone then - so you won't be able to 'apply' *that* dose! <g>
--
Cheers,
Roger

It's a VERY long time ago. So long ago I can remember it, if it had been yesterday I wouldn't :-)
Mary
Mary Fisher wrote:

Loved that! Sadly, I understand what you are saying!
contains these words:

I gear if I use the coke the rest of the family will lynch me! lol.
James wrote:

http://www.hortplus.com/FreeStuf/Misc/CleanCat.htm

Tell them you're doing them a favour - you'll actually be telling the truth!
--
AnneJ

Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion
contains these words:

You on the anti-coke brigade ? :)
James wrote:

Can I drink it if I stand outside the pub?
contains these words:

Just don't let go of it while standing outside the pub.
Stuart Noble wrote:

You made me smile as I took a puff!

Hope you asked him first ;-)
John