Extending water & CH to loft.

Hi all. I have 15mm copper supplying H & C to bathroom and

22mm speedfit to fetch & carry to the rads in the bedrooms. I will need to branch off from these lines to supply the loft. So should I branch off and continue with 22m speedfit and 15mm copper up to the loft? Or reduce down the pipework diameters in either or both cases?

When I get around to converting the loft it will only require 2 rads at the most And will probably have an ensuite bathroom.

I think my water pressure was a bit iffy when it came to filling the old header tank in the past.

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Pipe size could be the least of your worries!

Is the CH system sealed or vented? If the latter, where is the F&E tank? This clearly needs to be a suitable distance *above* the highest radiator. Likewise, where is the cold header tank for the HW system? You obviously ain't going to get any hot water flowing by gravity to any basin tap (or shower head, even) which is higher than the level in header tank - and still not much unless you can raise the tank well above the level of the highest outlet.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I have a combi system. W-Bosch 28i located below the bathroom.

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

OK, so the CH is presumably pressurised? That should be ok as long as you've got enough mains pressure to be able to fill and pressurise the bit in the loft.

The HW system will also be at mains pressure - but if the mains pressure was 'iffy' when it came to filling the old header tank in the loft, it could be equally 'iffy' in delivering hot water to basins and showers in the loft.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I'm 'supposing' that the combi should be able to send hot water to the loft at an aceptable pressure. I think its the cold pressure I'm most concerned about.

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

So what do you 'suppose' it is which enables the combi to generate enough pressure to send hot water to the loft?

Reply to
Roger Mills

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:40:22 +0000 someone who may be Davao wrote this:-

How do you suppose that the combination boiler increases the pressure in the hot water system?

Reply to
David Hansen