Downstairs Shower Setup (again - sorry!)

I wish to install a downstairs shower in our new extension and am currently pondering over how best to utilise/adjust my current pipework.

Requirement

----------- To have a powerful downstairs shower (preferably over upstairs bath as well).

Setup

----- My current set up is as follows:

- Cold Storage tank in the loft

- Hot water tank in upstairs bedroom

- Conventional boiler

- 15mm feed from cold storage tank

- 22mm feed from HW tank

- Upstairs bathroom 2m from HW tank

- Downstairs bathroom 4m from HW tank(and 2m from upstairs bathroom)

Proposed Solution

----------------- Replace the 15mm feed from the cold storage tank with 22m.

- Install a 2bar twin pump under the upstairs bath.

- Run 22mm pipework from pump:

- to the downstairs shower.

- to the upstairs bath and shower (which is over the bath).

- Have a thermostatic valve for the showers

Questions

--------- Does my proposed solution seem sensible? Is there any reason why my current feed from the cold storage tank is only 15mm? Why not a 22mm? If you need anymore info / clarification please ask.

Reply to
Charlie

How powerful do you want the showers? If you are only running one shower at a time then 1.5bar would probably be OK.

What's the head?

You'll need a thermostatic valve for each shower.

What you are proposing seems OK. If you a replacing long lenghts on

15mm in inaccessible places you may want to try using Hep2O - it'll just make things easier.

Don't know why you have a 15mm feed from your cold storage - shouldn't be a problem to change it over though.

Reply to
Sven