Cleaning carpet tiles?

Hi All,

I soon hope to get a batch of send user carpet tiles that I intend to use to 'carpet' (for the moment anyway) the middle / store room here.

I like the idea of tiles because I will need access to the sub floor again soon space (power down to the workshop etc) so they can easily be lifted in small sections etc.

I fancy giving them a 'quick once over' before I lay them and wondered if there was a good 'trick' anyone has found for cleaning / washing (coffee stains etc) please?

I have a pressure washer (that has a soap intake) or a bath if that helps ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Carpet tiles are usually pretty much bomb proof. Unlikely to retain stains and unlikely to shrink, I have pressure washed them in the past. I've also scrubbed them with a rotary floor machine.

Some of them buckle when wet, but will usually dry out flat.

Try one as a sample!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Washing machine, synthetics programme? Wait for a dry sunny day and you can put them on the lawn to dry.

If you haven't used carpet tiles before, dpeending on type, they have arrows on the back showing the direction of pile. You use when laying the tiles to get an even effect, stripes, or chessboard.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Get 'em in the kitchen sink or bath and take a scrubbing brush to them!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Wash in the bath using a biological soap powder solution and a scrubbing brush. Rinse then dry outside (Lay flat).

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

I put them in the bath and use the shower spray (on its fierce setting)

Reply to
John

Take them outside and give them a go with a pressure washer (use detergent). Don't get the nozzle close to the tile.

Reply to
Chris Bacon