carpet tiles

Greetings,

I do not have experience moving carpet tiles but I do moving carpet. A room of the size suggested will have several pieces seamed together. You can cut the pieces and seam them together again with possibly less expense than carpet tiles. If you decide to go with this option you will lose some carpet due to support posts. Try to have each support post in the middle of a seam when you initially lay the carpet.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

Where I work we use large 2' square and 18' carpet tiles they have a patter and are fairly short they work out really well and we do not glue them down at all the new ones have a bit of padding built into them and work out pretty well. I may windup coasting more than get new carpet put down since you are renting did you get the Ok to pull the old carpet up? When you leave there are going to be nail holes all around the edge from the tack strip? Is the floor underneath hardwood or plywood?

This web site should answer most questions you have

http://www.> Will be moving in two years or less, and really need some new

Reply to
wayne

My own experience with carpet tiles wasn't so great and their looks were only "decent", nothing to write home about. The adhesive began to separate in hot, humid weather and when we removed them (they were a "fringe" pattern around the whole room, with a good carpet in the center so it was a 2 foot border), some of them were hardly stuck, others left a mess behind of adhesive that was tough to remove. Most of them got little traffic except at the doorways, or back legs of sofa and chairs, but they didn't stay put that well.

I'm sure ymmv, but it's worth doing some research on, IMO. Since I don't recall the brand or anything, this isn't a very good reference, I know, but it's my two cents, fer what it's worth.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Will be moving in two years or less, and really need some new carpeting in extra large living room, (35 feet by 25 feet). I live in a rented unit. I was thinking about using carpet tiles, with the idea of taking them along with me when I relocate. Anyone have any experience removing carpet tiles, and relocating them? They will be installed after removing existing carpeting which is over wooden floor. I would probably buy an initial extra quantity of them, to insure a proper new fit.

Thanks

Reply to
J.Lef

Good luck. Forget about it.