cleaning car headlights

Huh, I thought I'd replied to this, but I've not seen it show up - sorry.

Anyway, it's a Toyota (an Avalon, which shares a lot of parts with the Camry - both of which may or may not have ever been available within the UK, or may have been so but under a completely different name :-)

After toothpasting things are definitely better - I put about 500 miles on it on Saturday and there was quite an improvement.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Wasn't Pepsodent, by any chance, was it?

Grimly Curmudgeon

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In article , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

you clean your teeth with dry cement"*

*DIY content.
Reply to
Chris Holford

But how do they stop the UV in daylight etc yellowing them? Only use the car at night?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

Again; Why don't you ask Ford or JFGI?

Googling for 'Mondeo yellowed headlights' brings up the answer to your question in the first result. The headlight has a glass front with the plastic lens behind it. That's why sunlight doesn't yellow it.

quote:

"Yellowed headlights on Mk1 Mondeos can cause MOT failures due to a poor headlight image. This was down to the plastic inner lenses in the headlights 'fading' due to non-UV-filtered bulbs. Replacement lenses can be purchased from Ford. FINIS codes are:

RHD: LH 7 304 999, RH 7 304 997 LHD: LH 7 304 998, RH 7 304 996 and the UV-filtered bulbs you need: 7 304 995"

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Because it's an interesting enough question to be answered here. If everybody JFGId then it would be a much more boring group.

Reply to
Clive George