Cleaniing 32 mm waste pipes

I know there are flexible waste pipe cleaners available from plumbers' merchants or the sheds, anyone know if a brush-ended version is available?

Google turned up loads of bottle brushes and the like, but nothing on the end of a couple of metres of flexible wire.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Sounds like another job for the very handy cable routing rod sets you can get very cheaply these days: just tie a bottle brush to the end.

S >
Reply to
Spamlet

very cheaply these days: just tie a bottle brush to the end.

You mean a snake

zaax

very cheaply these days: just tie a bottle brush to the end.

Nah, already got a 3m long one of those. I'm reluctant to try taping a bottle brush to the end, as the pipe run has a couple of 45° bends before going into a top entry on the toilet connection elbow, and I have this dread of the brush coming adrift and me having to take a load of panelling apart on the combined vanity unit and toilet backing. 'S gotta be a brush actually twisted into the end of the twisty wire. Found a supplier in the US who'll make 'em to whatever length you want, but the shipping would be prohibitive for something that costs no more than a few pounds.

Reply to
The Wanderer

I recently unblocked a complex small bore drain run by deliberately blocking the outlet end and back filling the whole system with caustic soda solution and left it to soak for several hours.

Worked a treat.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin