clapping

Are and GP surgeries closed or are they just operating in a different way? If deemed necessary I could have still got a face to face appointment BUT would have a telephone consultation first.

Reply to
alan_m

Those local groups really bring out the idiots.

A post on my local group last week was from someone who had found a wallet and wanted help to return it to the owner.

The only clue she had to help find the owner was the driving licence and yes she posted a photo of it on the group showing his address.

Reply to
ARW

This is not a contradiction. Both could be true. Before Covid, one of my neighbours asked me to take her to A&E because her leg had been sore for two weeks. I asked if the had seen her doctor and her answer was no, because she doesn't like doctors.

Reply to
Scott

I suggested my block do this

I got zero replies to the suggestion

Reply to
tim...

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott snipped-for-privacy@gefion.myzen.co.uk> writes

Do they not have doctors at A&E ?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

To be clear these are true friends who all live locally and I've known for ages. Not just neighbours.

There is a local FB group, but that seems to be just for those looking for nannies etc and complaining about joggers on the common.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Rather like brother-in-law 3. When an elder brother was dating a Radiographer, he was hightly critical. He told me "this famikly doesn't like the medical profewssion". A few years later he married a nurse.

Reply to
charles

And then he found out why...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My thoughts exactly. They should have triaged her as 'not an emergency' and told her to go to her GP in the first instance.

Reply to
Scott

No complaints about the doggers then?

Reply to
ARW

In the Wandsworth Common group? You must be joking. They'd not mention it even if it did go on round here. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

this is an old folks block

with a warden but no communal lounge

residents arrange occasional get togethers off site, and those who have been here a long time look out for one another.

It seemed perfectly reasonable for the fitter members to offer to do shopping, pick up meds etc for those less able, and I think that is happing in an ad hoc way

it was forming a virtual group that fell flat

tim

Reply to
tim...

Wonder what it would be if you tried now? Lots of older folk who didn't want anything to do with social meja have now come round to realise it can have some merits. My brother being one. ;-)

Me too, I suppose. Didn't bother with things like Whatsapp and Zoom before this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've been on social media long before this lock-down and IMO it has become a lot worse since lockdown with so many people with so much time on their hands posting more crap.

Reply to
alan_m

Presumably they are looking at what is coming through the door and seeing a reduction in the number of serious/life threatening cases below that which would be expected.

The pre Covid-19 "excess" A&E attendance was from people going in after grazing their knee or similar minor issues. Things that do not require professional medical attention.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

One thing that has struck me through the lockdown is the lack of junk mail, barring a few mailings from companies we do regular business with absolutely nothing. We do tend to ?return to sender? most junk mail and they soon give up. There have been no charity bags left either just a handful of menus from local balti?s and pizza parlours.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

No spam phone calls either (I switched my call blocker off) but they've started up again.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Got one yesterday, and a pleading letter from a charity I did previously give to, but who I never completed their GDPR form and later stopped giving to, so they think that covid trumps GDPR.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, Tricky Dicky snipped-for-privacy@sky.com writes

I've had a charity bag, and several fliers, some for gardening services (I refuse to take the hint), and two or three from one chain food shop (which arrive with tedious regularity).

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

AIUI, many of those "charity collection bags" are distributed by commercial enterprises who make money from them and pay only a small proportion of their take to actual charities. I could be wrong, I often am; I'm open to correction.

Reply to
Sn!pe