Chrome towel rail valves - non turning caps?

I've got a couple of valves that look a lot like these:

._SY355_.jpg

(They fell out of the plumber's van so I do not have a make)

Anyone know where I can get non turny caps for those? This rad is supposed to stay on as a shunt (though we do have an auto bypass as well so not going to blow up)

The valve stem ends in a square rather than a rectangle. Just need nice chrome caps that don't allow the valve to be operated - they're too easy to knock right now.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tighten up the glands and the knobs will become harder to turn and less likely to get knocked.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:07:23 +0000, Tim Watts coalesced the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension...

My daughter has two chrome heated towel rails in her house, both have those at each end, I imagine for esthetic rather than functional reasons.

Reply to
Graham.

+1 What a good idea - thank you sir...
Reply to
Tim Watts

If you have turny caps you could just run a suitable twist drill in the stem hole to remove the square. Then tack in place with a splodge of silicone.

Reply to
newshound

This old fart does have the odd good idea now and then lol!

Reply to
Bob Minchin