chrome or s/s pan connector ?

Hi all, I've fitted a low level wc which results in the wc being a fair distance out from the wall so an extended pan connector is needed to reach the backwall where the soil pipe is. I'm not happy with the aesthetics of the visible plastic connector and wondered if anyone knows of a chrome/ stainless steel or ever porcelain straight connector or even a decorative sleeve perhaps. I've taken great pains to run all the pipework within the the confines of the pedestral/bidet etc and boxed in anything I can't hide so this chunk of plastic is a real eyesore....

thanks, Ant.

Reply to
Ant

mmm I had a client once who wanted a suite installed to look "just like it shows here in this catalogue" i.e. unplumbed - without any visible pipes..... We had the same issue as you over a jollyflex pan connector visible from the side (on your hands and knees!).

In the end they had to see sense and tbh once they got the usual bog detritus installed around it you couldn't tell it was at all "wrong" anyway.

The only thing I could think of to suggest was some sort of painted sleeve made of card or similar? TBH once whatever you use gets covered in dust and other grot it'll probly not look a right lot better than as it is now?

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

You mean an old style low level flush bog - where the cistern is separate to the pan? If so, then yes, there is a chrome flush pipe available. Last time I bought one it was around £36. Decent plumber merchants are the places to ask for one. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I assumed he meant the waste side of things "pan connector" to the "soil pipe".... however worth checking...

OP got any pics?

JimK

Reply to
JimK

May be possible to buy a short section of steel pipe and get it chromed..or get SS pipe. Or spray plastic with chrome bumper paint etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I assumed he meant the waste side of things "pan connector" to the "soil pipe".... however worth checking...

OP got any pics?

JimK

If it is done neatly and left clean - labels removed, etc it can look quite tidy. However - if you are really set against seeing pipes then you should have bought a different WC (sorry)

Reply to
John

Howsabout spraying it with chrome paint? The results look more like brushed stainless steel - but not bad at a glance.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You could use a section of stainless steel flue pipe, intended for stoves, as a sleeve over the plastic pipe.

The modern solution is close coupled, or better still - wall hung wc and frame.

Reply to
dom

you're right, it's an old style sanitan low level wc/cistern and it's the soil pipe I'm trying to improve...the flush pipe is nice and chrome then below is a pan connector that disappears into the box work against the wall (as opposed to the floor) and it'd be good to make it look a bit more fancy really !

I'll look into the steel flue / chrome spray ideas....just surprised me there wasn't anyone I could find, manufacturing something pretty...Currently it's a pan connector plugged into an extension piece with a cover so that it then plugs into a 90 degree pan connector inside the boxwork...so not pretty atm but suffices whilst I'm getting everything boxed in....before I go and get a one piece straight pan connector tho, I want to make sure there is no other alternative...if anyone has any thoughts on the most aesthetically pleasing pan connector out there...I'm all ears !

Reply to
Ant

I'm not au fait with the actual dimensions on this one, but Wickes do a long white "connector" that I reckon takes a pan connector in one end and then at the other (can be cut) goes straight into a 110mm soil connector (or whatever adaptor etc you have inside the boxing in).

could praps cut down on the "clutter" - to just a short straight pan connector into the long white connector (and on into the hidden boxed in bit)??

JimK

Reply to
JimK

I'm inclined to agree. The way to avoid visible pipes is to fit a wall-hung pan. Anything else is just covering-up.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Any chance you could upload a pic somewhere showing the pan and soil pipe to get an idea of how we could give a practical solution? Dave

Reply to
Dave Starling