cheapo SDS drill dies - suggestions for replacement?

Tripe They went to the normal Kress colour about a year ago. Before that black and grey, but most grey. Grey is the pro range in Wickes.

You area an idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Cheap SDS drills are a waste of money. OK if you want to mix plaster with them and a hole once or twice a year. For sustained work a real SDS has to be bought.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Can't think of any reason to. The few blue Bosch tools I have, perform very well and are nicely engineered. I don't rate the green range particularly, but they are no worse than other comparable brands in a similar price range.

Reply to
John Rumm

Poor quality tool at too high a price.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You're replying to dribble. The catalogue where he decides on such things don't have Bosch. Obvious, innit?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Lies.

You area paved over be should. Twerp.

Reply to
Steve Firth

This man is really mad.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Compared to his fisher price tool kit, they probably would look expensive...

Reply to
John Rumm

This man is a senile fool, shuffling about with pee on his slippers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Here is thisn Chavs car:

Doctor Drivel

Not unique to them, Makita UK have a three year guarantee from this year (if you register)

Reply to
The Other Mike

Does it have a clutch so that core drilling is relatively safe? The reason I ask is that it's not totally clear from Makita's documentation.

Reply to
The Other Mike

John Rumm

Yes, 2540 does. That is why I added the "(just)" on the core drilling capability - its not a limitation of power (it has plenty), but its close to the limit where the clutch kicks in.

Reply to
John Rumm

A confirmed Essex Chav.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If the clutch kicks in on core drilling you are doing it wrong.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On 23/11/2012 12:08, Doctor Drivel wrote he is:

We would not let you in the county in that:

be a chav elsewhere.

Reply to
John Rumm

No you dozey muppet - its a SDS, not a core drill. 107mm is way beyond its theoretical core capability. However in reality, as long as you keep a nice straight core, and don't force it, then it will cope admirably. Start trying to drill round corners and the clutch will disengage, and at a slightly lower torque than those of dedicated core drills. This ought not be a profound revelation.

Even with perfect technique you can't guarantee never tripping the clutch on any coring operation. It only takes a small bit of flint or other hard material to break free and stall the core, and its not something you have control over.

Reply to
John Rumm

Once an Essex Chav always and Essex Chav.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Chav, you are using it as a core drill. SDS drills can be used as a core drill with the hammer off and the speed low.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel