Cheap source of Ravenheat thermistors?

Best price I've found so far for a thermistor for a Ravenheat (0007TER05005/0 for a White/Little Star LS80) is around £20! (from keeptheheaton)

And it's probably a crappy unreliable Ravenheat one :-(

Anybody know any better sources?

Reply to
John Stumbles

The sensors are the same in many Ravenheat boilers (my RSF84ET included).

Ravenheat also do a 'clip-on' version of the same sensor. Even with thermal paste, this won't respond to temperature changes quite as quickly as the wet sensor, but at least it won't corrode!

The codes I have for these are: 18mm for CH/primary loop

0007SON11010/0, and 15mm for DHW 0007SON11005/0. You can see examples of these if you go to lpssupplies.com and stick 'sensor' into the search box.

I think MJT Controls (stick that into Google) were the cheapest when I was looking, although their delivery is not as quick as lpssupplies.

Cheers, Richard.

Reply to
Richard Walker

Funnily enough I came across a bit of pipe in the shed with a wet pocket sensor and overheat stat fixed to it - I think it was from some old Worcester beast I'd scavenged a PHE out of. Haven't tried the thermistor for resistance characteristics though, and not sure what the Ravenheat one would look like though the man at Ravenheat said 1.6K @ 85C and 20K @ 4C. Anyway another reason for clip-on is it doesn't require draining the primary: not trivial on the LS80 which only has isolation on one side and in this installation is at the bottom of a 4-storey house!

I love the way they show the same devices umpteen times for each boiler!

Ghod what an abysmal wibble! Couldn't find any Ravenheat sensors on it - how do you find them there?

Reply to
John Stumbles

It might do the job! As far as I know the Ravenheat ones are standard

10K at 25 degrees C NTC jobbies.

It just shows how similar their boilers are. The latest 'CSI85' condensing boiler seems to be 95% the same as my RSF84ET. And some parts of the boiler have copyright 1997 stamped over them!

Ah yes, it's dreadful, isn't it? I had to phone up and speak to one of their rather rude salespeople. Took a few weeks to arrive, too.

I would recommend ordering on-line from LPS. A few mouse clicks and you'll get it the next day. Nice on the phone, too! OK, so it'll cost a few quid more, but I'll pay for service.

Cheers, Richard.

Reply to
Richard Walker