Cheap Compressors

Due to SWMBO buying a bloody huge infaltable paddling pool for the ankle biters I have been considering getting a cheap compressor. As it would be far better to deflate it after use rather leaving it up to kill the lawn. My question really is how cheap am I likely to be able to get one? There are a couple in the current Screwfix catalogue at about £100. Am I being unrealistic in trying to find one cheaper than this?

Also is a compressor likely to up to inflating high volumes or should I just get a nozzle for my SCUBA cylinder and use that ? I have used a similar method to inflate lilos whereby you stick a rigid drinking staw upto the cylider valve and crack open the valve. It's a bit noisy and expensive as you lose the best part of a fill but it saved a lot of hassle when getting into team hut late for a weekend's diving.

Cheers

Mark Spice

Reply to
Mark Spice

BigWallop

BigWallop

BigWallop

And finally:

BigWallop

I should have mentioned that I don't have a car so 12v stuff tends not to work too well for me :-)

Other than that thanks for the advice. I knew really that a compressor was excessive but you know how it is when you look through the catalogues trying to justify potential purchases.

Cheers

Mark Spice

Reply to
Mark Spice

The ~£100 compressor will inflate your pool just fine. It will be noisy, and it'll take a while, but it'll do the job.

The manual compressors linked to by BW will take forever to inflate a pool. The small 12v ones suggested will burn out long before you've finished inflating it.

Reply to
Grunff

These do pressure, not volume. They usually have a duty cycle of about

15 mins, with the pool taking about an hour.

Get an electric pool inflator from Argos....cheap and effective (about

5-10 mins). Mains powered though. Current price is 19.99, but that's the catalogue that expired TODAY.....!
Reply to
Bob Eager

The Intertex Pool inflaters are 15 quid in Makro at the moment. Unlike a compressor these are designed for high volume at a resonably low presure.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , Mark Spice writes

Well a 12 volt psu or a car battery are certainly cheaper than a compressor

Reply to
geoff

LOL you are just after a new toy! Come on.. admit it:))

Ophelia

Reply to
Ophelia

Mine was £14 and does the job admirably

Ophelia

Reply to
Ophelia

In message , Ophelia writes

SSShh, his SOH might be watching over his shoulder

Reply to
geoff