cheap inflatable pool problem

I bought one of the cheap pools that has an inflatable top ring. You fill it with water and it stands up by itself. Drawback is you need a level spot to put it up.

I put mine on the levelest spot I could find and filled it up. The compacting of the soil and the uneveness caused it to lean after two weeks. I drained it and moved and I am now going to level the spot with sand.

Do I need a ring of some sort to hold back the sand or can I just level it out and put the pool on top. The sand will be about 3" thick on the 'low' side.

Reply to
RayV

Been there with those pools. You've got to have a level surface or you end up with a 'deep end' in a round pool!

You should make some kind of retaining wall if you're going 3 inches deep. With kidz stepping on it and water pouring on it the sand could shift. Just some 2x4s and stakes may be enough.

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles

RayV wrote:

Reply to
OldRoads