Chainsaw choice - Makita UC4030A or Husqvarna 321EL?

Well, further to my question about which electric chainsaw I have decided to go a bit up market and have decided I'd like one of the two following models:-

Makita UC4030A Husqvarna 321EL

Specifications wise they're pretty similar, 16" bar, 2000 watt motor mounted lengthways to may for a slim machine, similar weight of around 4.4kg, similar price around £150 with the Husqvarna being a little more expensive.

So does anyone have any comments/thoughts as to which *might* be better or are they pretty similar?

Reply to
tinnews

Well, I personally would never touch any Makita again. I had a small problem with a brushcutter which Makita refused/failed to help with in spite of it being within guarantee. The equipment, other that the small problem which was eventually solved by a dealer, was fine but the lack of customer service put me off the company for life.

Other than that, the only two makes of chainsaw that are ever considered by professional are Husqvarna and Stihl.

I would therefore suggest the Husqvarna.

Reply to
Howard Neil

Mainland European professionals at least. Scandinavians might look at Jonsered, Leftpondians have a few other choices as well.

On the whole I'd slightly prefer a Husq to a Stihl. They work equally well when new and have good service backup, but old worn Husqs seem easier to start than equally hard-worked Stihls

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I have (so far) always had good results from Makita support. Having said that, if it was in warranty then it was the dealers problem to fix anyway.

Can't argue with that though. The lekky one I used was good, and I have only ever used petrol Makitas (which I also found pretty good as well).

Reply to
John Rumm

Well mine is going to be very easy to start whatever make it is as it's going to be electric. :-)

Reply to
tinnews