CH Pipe Near Mains Cable

A pair of 10mm CH pipes to a new radiator I'm fitting crosses the path of a mains cable either over or under it ...is it ok just to use something like a piece of wood to keep them from touching each other ? .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Usenet Nutter wibbled on Monday 14 December 2009 16:22

Length of foam pipe insulation round the pipe at the offending point? The object is to prevent the pipe causing the cable to overheat, so that should help. And it wouldn't be too liable to falling off randomly.

Reply to
Tim W

Yup. I have a 15mm pipe next to some swa. I used a cross-over (pricey!) to give me sufficient clearance, and then normal foam insulation. Should be easier with 10mm....

I also boxed in the whole lot, on the grounds that if anything sprung a link, I didn't want a pressurised jet pointing straight at the meter and CU.

Reply to
Nutkey