Ceramic sinks

Prone to chip crack stain and wear out. But so what?

As long as they dont leak.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If I remember rightly laboratory sinks used to be white belfast types (Ceramic??) they used to get a far harder life than domestic sinks do, all kinds of corrosive and abrasive substances chucked down them, sand, soil, solvents, acids, alkaline substances, they lasted for years in my experience. stainless steel wouldn'l last at all in that kind of environment. I notice that the modern ceramic sinks have much thinner walls than they used to be. Don

Reply to
Donwill

presumably that welding also makes the welded areas more prone to corrosion?!?

JimK

Reply to
JimK

The message from Donwill contains these words:

I'm sure they might make great lab sinks -- but that's a very different use from a kitchen sink which will have pots and pans in it and have to take the odd knock as well. Still have a belfast sink in the holiday cottage, but that's just because the kitchen is 50 years out of date.

Reply to
Appin