Central heating related question.

Hi

Another banging issue and I dont have a clue so am wondering if someone here can guide me in the right direction.

The central heating system is one of those gravity feed systems with a big water tank. I wanted to do some pipework so drained the hot water (for the hot water taps) out of the system and the storage tank so I could do this job. I also turned off all of the possible taps that were going into the boiler/tank and out of the boiler/tank.

Upon resetting everything and firing up the boiler I started hearing bangs in the pipework, I tracked this down to some sort of pressure relief valve that was clicking every so often (connected to the ouput of the boiler). The radiators on the first floor are heating up but the ones on the ground floor remain cold.

Any pointers as to what the problem is?

Thanks

Reply to
Scratch

Did you drain all or part of the central heating system and associated pipe work to hot water tank primary coil ?

Have you opened all the valves?

Have you bled the radiators?

Is there a pump which you can run maybe at a higher speed than normal to clear any airlocks?

Reply to
Michael Chare

I think it was all of it.

yes

yes

I increased the speed of the pump and it worked, however yesterday I turned down some of the valves on the radiators and the banging started up again. Could the pump be knackered?

Reply to
Scratch