Central Heating Probs

Got a midle aged gravity fed system which has become noisy in the sense of dull bangs in the primary circuit.Is this a sign of boiler demise or overheating or something. Ihave fitted a tank thermostat to cut the boiler out if water gets too hot so unsure what to check next. Any ideas. TIA

Reply to
Capt T

Descale it.

Reply to
Stickems.

Ding. We had the same symptoms and a desludger worked miracles.

Reply to
malc

Thank you both seems like that could be the answer only thing is how do I do that??Presumably buy something in BQ but how do I introduce to the system? The small tank in the loft is for the rads but does the same tank serve the hot water? Thanks for further advice.

Reply to
Capt T