Central Heating pump

Trying to replace pump. There are two valves either side of pump which I thought would switch of water but after fully closing them I still get water coming through. Any suggestions?

Reply to
K. Sloan

Drain the system and then replace the pump and valves.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

"Andy" wrote in news:npmyd.2920$1e7.627@newsfe3- win.ntli.net:

using full bore ball valves instead

mike

Reply to
mike ring

The valves are more likely quarter turn flap valves, so you only need to turn them to the slot at right angles to the direction of the pipe. So the slot for the screwdriver would be " -- ~ -- " for on and " -- | -- " for off, with anything other than that letting water pass.

Reply to
BigWallop