Central Heating not Switching off

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that i have with my ch. my heating and water are on continuoius and will not switch of. I have tried switch it of at the a) control panel but it still remains on b) the room therostat, sill on the only way i can get it to go off is if i switch the boiler isolation switch off

Hope someone out there can help me.

Reply to
Billy N

Sounds like you may have a frost stat which runs the CH when the outside temperature falls to a certain level - even if it is otherwise switched off. Try to find it, and check that it's not set at too high a temperature.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Make and model of the timer/programmer please ?

Same information on the boiler would help lots.

Age and layout of the system is even more of a help.

Reply to
BigWallop

Have you got a frost thermostat on the system? If so, check whether that is overriding the control panel. It might just need resetting to a lower temperature.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Thanks folks

Make & Model of Boiler: potterton Flamingo RS40s/50s make & Model timer : landis & Gyr RWB2 AGE about : 20 years

Reply to
Billy N

The main FAQ has a fair bit on controls heating controls.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

After ruling out the frost 'stat outside, it could be that the switch terminals on the timer have eventually welded themselves together. If the timer is the same age as the rest of the system, I'd start looking there.

You will need a meter that can produce its own readings in the Ohms range to check it properly. Remove the timer from its back plate and check across the HW and CH connections to see if they are opening and closing as they should.

Reply to
BigWallop