Cement board Qs

Google's being unhelpful, and I'm far from clear. Are these flat or corruga ted? What size are they? Where should I look for them in quantity?

thank you, NT

Reply to
meow2222

In message , snipped-for-privacy@care2.com writes

Spelling error, Crittal. Google UK is off air tonight. Very much used for grain storage 1975/90. On floor stores now much cheaper to construct and quicker to load out so the bins are coming out.

Bit like an exaggerated box section roof sheet. I assume the angles are determined by a compromise between strength and the requirement for stored grain to flow off the ribs. Guessing, something like 8" flat 3"

45deg. 8" flat etc. The corner uprights are U shaped with zig zag piercing for the fixing bolts.

Cheffins have some unsold at Ely:-(

Alternatively, what about rolled steel box section roofing with angle iron corners?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yhey look like just what I need to replace the roofs on my small garden tool cupboard and pond filter housing - both of which are currently made of WPB covered with roofing felt, and both of which are disintegrating because the felt has perished and let wet in.

Sadly, they only supply direct from Cornwall, and delivery costs a minimum of £70 even if you only buy one 8 x 4 sheet.

Anyone any ideas as to what I could use, which would be more weatherproof? I had wondered about cement board - but comments here suggest that that may be too brittle.

Reply to
Roger Mills

They're surely tougher than felt

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Use some metal roofing. You can get corrugated and box profile. The roofing suppliers ofetn have off-cuts. Besure to get the correct fixings and know where they go.

Reply to
harryagain