cement backer board joints

Eric,

You would use the 2" fiberglass mesh tape and the same thinset adhesive you want for the tile, on those joints. Ask the "experts" for those items. They'll know exactly what you need.

Eric and Megan Sw> Hi. I am putting up cement backer board to eventually put tile over. What

Reply to
G Henslee

Hi. I am putting up cement backer board to eventually put tile over. What kind of tape and compound do I use to seal/cover the joints? For example, with drywall, you use joint tape and joint compound. I just want to know so when I ask the "experts" at home depot and lowe's, they know what I am talking about. Thanks.

Reply to
Eric and Megan Swope

Ahhh, none? The thinset will fill in the gap, which shouldn't be but a small fraction of an inch.

A layer of mortar and tile covers the joint up, much more than a coat of paint does on the wall.

Reply to
John Hines