ceiling tiles...

On the back of a packet of ceiling tiles i bought it says they can be applied with WALLPAPER adhesive - is this right? and is it as effective? save myself the 8 odd quid on the proper adhesive i bought (that is WAY too much for just 1 room!)

Reply to
mo

I remeber my dad doing these with wappaper glue, which shows how long since these things were last in fashion .......

Reply to
Rick Dipper

if thats what it says....

Reply to
N. Thornton

Yes they can, it works, and it's a damn sight easier to get them off when you realise how hideous they are.

HTH

Si

Reply to
Mungo "three sheds" Toadfoot

theyre for the bathroom!!

there is still a little old adhesive left over from the ols tiles - is it ok to just put the tiles over them?

Reply to
mo

Hmmmmmmmmm......ok then :o)

Best to scrape it off with a sharp blade really. You can get 3"-4" blades in a metal holder from the sheds now.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "three sheds" Toadfoot