Cover up water stains on ceiling tiles?

I had an overflow in my laundry room that dripped down on to 3 of my ceiling tiles in my basement dropped ceiling. It caused a light brown stain. Is there a way to cover it up or should they just be replaced?

Thanks,

Brian in MI

Reply to
Brian

There are all kinds or tile on the market but most likely replacement is the way to go. And buy some spares for next time.

Reply to
Art

Kiltz

Pat

Reply to
Patscga

There are spray paints on the market specifically made for repainting stained acoustical tile. They do a very good job of covering up.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

knew a guy who worked for a trailer repair place.. one of the first things they do with the ceiling tile is to wash it with bleach to get rid of the brown water stains on the ceiling tiles..this might work for you??

Reply to
jim

You will unlikely ever remove these stains, but try some KILZ (it's a paint primer of sorts). However, if it does work, you'll most likely have to paint the whole ceiling. It's probably easier and cheaper just to replace those tiles, IF you can still buy them.

Reply to
spamfree

It's KILZ

Reply to
spamfree

Check with a building maintenance and Janitorial supply.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

But does it come formulated to match what is already on ceiling tiles? The stuff I'm talking about is made specifically for ceiling tiles, and comes in a few shades, so you can get a very close color match. Professional building maintenance people are all familiar with it. Ceiling tiles finishes have particular characteristics. If it isn't labled as "Kilz for ceiling tiles" then it is the wrong thing to use.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor