Ceiling cracks at plasterboard joins

My sister is hoping to brighten up her kitchen/diner and there are a couple of these cracks, caused by people going up into the loft from time to time and a bit of stuff stored up there. There's no question of it being re-boarded or the rafters being strengthened. Is there a flexible filler available, that could tolerate a bit of movement? She would have to get someone in, so it would help if she knew a bit more about the options.

Cheers Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Only real solution is to scrim tape te joints and reskim

You can try decorators caulk but it needs a mm or two gap to work properly

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Does that deal with the movement or will they simply open up again ?

Reply to
Andy Cap

No. A plaster skim can tolerate very little movement.

It will work - but shrinks as it dries. So will need several applications. But at least it remains fairly flexible.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cheers

Reply to
Andy Cap

In article , Andy Cap writes

This can work:

have used it in old buildings subject to movement.

Here's the message from the last time I mentioned it (part code now changed):

fred