Ce ntral heating boiler wont stay lit

My central heatin boiler (Sime 80c Format) wont stay lit, it fires up and stays lit for about 5-10 sec then cuts of, it does this over and over again for the cental heating system and the hot water. The boiler occasionaly stays lit for a short period of time for the heating. Does anyone have any ideas Thanks

Reply to
kenny

It might be the thermocouple.

When it lights for 10 seconds, does it light fully, or just a pilot light?

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Yes all the burners fully ignite

Cheers Kenny

Reply to
kenny

Maybe the pump isn't working properly and the overheat thermostat is kicking in or there's some problem with the boiler output stat.

Reply to
adder1969

Sounds like the pump is not working. Short cycling is a symptom of no flow through the boiler.

OR it may be that the cutout is going ....it THINKS its got a flameout.

My old one did this all the time. Soot on the optical sensor.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Where is the optical sensor located

Reply to