CCTV recorder make and model recommendations?

Hi, I am in the market for a 8 or 9 channel CCTV DVR.

The required attributes are:

Must be able to record in full D1 or 4CIF from all 8 or 9 cameras simultaneously. (all my cameras are 700 TVL or 960H)

Must have Video loopthrough on all camera video inputs or have switchable 75 oh m termination (so I can feed into a bank of UHF TV modulators for all the house TV sets)

Must be internet connectable.

Must do Motion detection so it only records actual things that happen rather than fill up the hard drive.

Must support live viewing and playback over internet & 3G to Iphones, Ipads and Android mobile phones

Must support a DVD burner as well as decent sized hard discs for archiving off evidence.

I have found a model that suits these requirements, a Samsung SRD-870DC but it is an arm and a leg at £600 quid with a 1TB AV drive.

I've looked at the Swann DVR4300s at Maplins, they don't do video loopthrough.

I find with most moels of CCTV DVR, that they are not always capable of doing full D1/4CIF recording from all 8 or 9 cameras simultaneously.

I also find that many of these CCTV DVRs seem to run on Linux, How robust is that?

Reply to
Stephen

About as good as it gets. The world runs on Linux. But most people don't realise...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Stephen pretended :

Just about as robust as it gets..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The Samsung sounds reasonable to me. After all time was that a home vcr was that price. Linux, fine as long as its done right. Lots of domestic stuff uses it as presumably the drivers are out there. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The network security of these products is absolutely s**te. That's nothing to do with Linux, but is because the applications they add in are horribly insecure. Make sure you run it in a dedicated DMZ, and not on your home network.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel