CCTV effective distance to read a number plate.

And a better way of educating them in the HM prison system, to commit crimes they wont so easily get caught for..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I belive the Saony IP range to be very good at reading number plates from distance,

charles turner

I believe you're spamming this newsgroup, Mr Turner.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Do you think he means to spam about Sony or Sanyo?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I believe you're spamming this newsgroup, Mr Turner.

Owain

If not spam, take note of recent QI prog where they said motorcycle was best for speed cameras as they only read *front* number plates. Which may or may not actually be true...

Spamlet

Maybe he's been spending so long looking at cctv his eyes have gone funny.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Gatsos can only read rear plates so I guess there is your answer (actually the camera doesn't care but the safety police only let them do rears).

Reply to
dennis

So what. Just do a wheelie when you go past a Gatso on a motorbike.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

What's that got to do with cameras only reading front plates?

Reply to
dennis

Actually, thinking again, to be fair, they were talking about why motorcycles are exempt from London's congestion charge, rather than Gatso's: I don't know if the monitors for the congestion charge work the same way.

Spamlet

Gatso's read rear number plates...........

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The same reason lpg and electric cars are exempt, they "don't" cause congestion. 8-|

Reply to
dennis

Truvelos (sp?) only do fronts, don't they?

Reply to
Andy Burns

No: that is the reply the 'QI elves' had set up as the booby trap: only motorcyclist Ross Noble knew the 'correct' answer: that they don't have front number plates (mind you, I still have a couple somewhere!)

Spamlet