Cavity wall saga

Hi all, I give up. No one wants to install cavity wall insulation in my house because I have a garage at the side of my house. ******** Health and Safety. And before anyone else suggests it they will not do it from the inside. Pissed of Ron

Reply to
Ron

. And before anyone else suggests it they will not do it from the

Why not ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

presumably it will cost more?

Reply to
Tricia

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:49:40 GMT someone who may be "Ron" wrote this:-

IIRC and this is something you mentioned in another thread then the answer then was that they were happy to install it with the appropriate scaffolding.

I suggest that at this time of the year these companies have more than enough work to do and so can't be bothered. It might be a different story in the spring and summer of 2007.

Reply to
David Hansen

Not if they only fill the hole in the same way. Obviously if you require they redecorate then of course.

I had the front of my house done from the inside and providing you accept responsibility for clearing the way and making good the decorating - in my case a coat of emulsion paint - I don't see ANY reason why it should cost more.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

|Hi all, I give up. No one wants to install cavity wall insulation in my |house because I have a garage at the side of my house. ******** Health and |Safety. And before anyone else suggests it they will not do it from the |inside.

How many quotes did you get?

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

the argument could even be made that it's quicker to drill plasterboard than brick.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Further to the above, the front of my house is half tile hung, so presumably these companies are saying such houses can't be done. It's rubbish, if you are prepared to accept the inconveniences.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

One quote from my energy supplier EDF/Miller Pattison. 2 other companies not interested the minute garage was mentioned did not even come to survey. And they asked about whether a garage was at the side of the house and what type of roof it had. Third company based in the area I live did not have any agents in my area. As someone suggested they will only do it if it is easy and they get the maximum grant. Also each company said they would not do it from the inside, did not give an explanation other than they don't.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:38:05 GMT someone who may be "Ron" wrote this:-

Time to take this up with whoever's grant you were thinking of using. However, I still suspect that you would get a different answer in six months time when they are not rushing to do lots of houses.

Reply to
David Hansen