Cavity wall insulation

Hello

I have 2 packs of Knauf Crown Dritherm Cavity wall insulation. 75mm thick,

1200mm x 455mm 8.74 square metres. I don't need it and was going to sell it in my local paper but I can't find any prices on the internet.

Does anyone know what this should retail for / what would be a good price to sell it at?

Is it worth selling or should I give it away / take it to the tip?

Many thanks

Pete

Reply to
Haymish

Ebay?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well I did think of that but they would cost a lot to post because of their size,there are two packs each of which is about the same size as me. Better for local colection I think but I have no idea of value.

Thanks for reply tho.

Pete

Reply to
Haymish

You can set it up as buyer collects only.

Reply to
Andy Hall

There's no reason you can't list it on eBay for collection only.

Reply to
Rob Morley

True. I just think it would be a very limited market and I would end up paying ebay fees for nothing. Telford is not that big then you have to take away people without net access, and I just don't think it's something most people would look for on ebay.

Might give it a try but if they are only worth £5 each roll it's not worth the effort. If someone said they retail for £25+ a roll it may be worth the effort. Someone must know what they sell for I've googled but there don't seem to be any prices around.

Cheers

Pete

Reply to
Haymish

Can anybody recomend any cavity wall insulation companies in the Sussex area? Any grants available at all for this sort of work?

2 bed bungalow if it makes a difference. Thanks
Reply to
Fred

I paid =A330 for the 100mm thick RockSilk slab. There were five slabs in a bale. It worked out at about =A39 a square metre. So if you said =A325 you ought to not loose too much and get it snapped up.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

I posted this just recently............... Just thought I'd share this info with everyone. I've just added a Dormer to a new upstairs room. Basically 4" x 2" (95mm x 45mm) stud walls. I've 'stuffed' it with the following insulation called Rocksilk

by Knauf. The spec. sheet gives the following details...

UNIVERSAL SLAB RS45 Thickness 100mm (I have also used 75mm)

Length: 1200mm Width: 600mm Area per pack (m^2): 3.6 Lamda (W/mK): 0.035 R Value (m^2K/W): 2.85 Fire ClassSlabs per Pack: A1 Slabs per Pallet: 5 Product Code: 2361392

The price for one pack from Sheffield Insulations in Aberdeen

was ?32. So that's nearly ?10 per square metre. Quite expensive for

Reply to
mcbrien410

Thanks a lot for the info.

Pete.