Cavity Wall Insulation ?

Can anyone tell me what cavity wall insulation looks like when injected into the wall please.

Is it like a sort of loft insulation but is little tiny bits.... I can't think of anyway of describing it, sorry !

Reply to
the_constructor

varies, mine is the injected liquid foam type, you can see it in places in the loft where there were gaps in the bickwork and it "flooded in" a bit, dripped down the wall and then set, when modifying the porch I found another place where a load of it had found its way through a hole chased for mains cables to the garage.

some I think are like the contents of bean-bags, blow into the cavity.

Reply to
Andy Burns

What you have is glass fibre granules. Probably the best type for an existing house. Lots of different forms of insulation have been tried. The foam method was used a lot at one time. It is easy to put in but, as I found out in a past house, unreacted chemicals can cause a bad and potentially hazardous vapour. It took a few weeks to clear completely. Its a surprise when you come across some of extruding from the edges of the wall for example in the loft. New houses usually have slabs of insulation put in as the walls are being built.

Its not at all dangerous, perhaps unless you eat it.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Sorry Andy the op was the_constructor not you

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

I've recently had rockwall insulation installed. It is white, fluffy and in small pieces.

mark

Reply to
Mark

Ah right. Thanks Peter and everyone else

Reply to
the_constructor

Like this:)

that I had my cavity wall insulation done from the inside.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Another is polystyrene beads - like in a bean-bag

The third type is fine tufts of fibreglass - if there is a "Bear Factory" near you, go and see how they fill the teddybears, its more or less the same.

dg

Reply to
dg

Reply to